Yay. Finally in the water. I have waited all year for this moment.
School is out.
With my cousins and IN THE WATER!!!
Who could ask for more?
The water may be cold but who cares fun will be had by all.
No teachers. No school. No homework. No mom. Just waterrrrrrrr.
Can’t wait to PLAAAAAY.
Being in the water is like being freeeeeeee!!!
I can swim so I can move about and become one with the other sea creatures.
Freedom is in the water.
Free to breathe, stroke, breathe, stroke,
Head out of water, Inhale, stroke, exhale, stroke
Lift head out of water, inhale, stroke, exhale…..
Monday Warm UP
When I was younger I lived in an apartment building and the kitchen was the smallest space in the house. It was right off of the front door and had a large window that let in lots of light. We ate at the kitchen counter on orange bar stools.
I smell…. food. I have no memories of certain foods but I know that my single parent mom cooked for us daily and smelled seasoning, daily. Spaghetti and meat sauce, baked chicken, meat loaf and mashed potatoes, lasagna, stew, shrimp stew and gumbo are just a few of the wonderful dishes that we enjoyed.
In the kitchen I hear talking. Anxious talking by hyper kids but no arguing or yelling. My kitchen was a great place for sharing, eating and winding down.
I can still taste spaghetti and shrimp stew. I taste tuna fish sandwiches and saltine crackers and hot tea. I have fond memories of pineapple upside down cakes and cinnamon toast. Yummmm!!!
From my kitchen I saw
- the skating rink
- a man getting blown across the ice and around the corner
- people who looked like fleas because we were 10 flights up
- kool-aid in the refrigerator
- pictures on the refrigerator and window
- a phone on the wall with the circular dialing thingy
- good memories and great fun
My mom is awesome.
Topic came from Morning Warm ups
Here is a list poem about my mom, Joyce. Joyce ….
- can make me laugh
- can make me cry
- likes to be right
- takes good care of her ex-husband because he is the father of her children
- will battle all of life’s demons to defend her kids
- has worked to make a loving and caring place for her kids
- served as s teacher/counselor for more that 30 years
- works hard for D.S.T. in a variety of ways
- uses her words to battle against the injustices she sees
- was a crazy QVC shopper when they hit they scene
- helped to raise two great grand-children
- remembers to put her mother’s eye-drops in her eyes everyday
- loves arts and craft stuff, not so much now, but still
- spends her money wisely
- gave up smoking
- lost a lot of weight (she did not do the two things together though)
- contributes to worth causes
- walks with a limp (she has 1 titanium knee and is putting off having the other one done)
- loves and is loved like CRAZY
Teachers Write 2 – Monday Warm Up